Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rick i have a victory gas furnace and the burner keeps

Customer Question

Hi rick i have a victory gas furnace and the burner keeps shutting down repeatedly. I found that if i blew into the little tube at the vent pressure switch, it would fix the problem. (The draft out the vent is very strong though and the vacuum tube that connects to the vacuum tube is intact and clear.) I found that the furnace runs fine if I jump the wires on the pressure switch (so I don't have to stay there and blow into the tube). What does this mean? Obviously the switch is fine, but could there be a problem with the diaphram or the little tube beyond where I can see it? Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! If you are able to simulate proper draft manually, check the ports where the pressure switch tube connects on the opposite end of the pressure switch. You can use a paper clip (while the furnace is off) to clear any debris from the port. Let's try that first, and we'll go from there.