Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Customer Question I have a Holly Narrow Wall Furnace, Model

Customer Question

Customer Question
I have a Holly Narrow Wall Furnace, Model 50D, Serial #520, purchased in 1957 and am looking where I can purchase two gaskets for the top vent. Any ideas? Thanks!! I see your answer to the below question. Have you come across anyone who has fabricated these gaskets. If there is someone who has experience in doing this I would assume that it would be better (at least less costly) than re-inventing the wheel. I also would assume the prices for new heaters have increased in the last 4 years.
Thanks,
I have a Holly Narrow Wall Furnace, Model 350S-D, Serial #49149,
Customer Question
I have a Holly Narrow Wall Furnace, Model 350S-D, Serial #49149, and am looking where I can purchase two gaskets for the top vent. Any ideas? Thanks!!
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/4atpk-holly-narrow-wall-furnace-model-350s-d-serial-49149.html#ixzz3s5t1qM7u
Expert: Charles replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question!!
They no longer make parts for this model according to my parts book. You have 3 options.
There are some demolition companies in so cal that collect such things when demolishing houses then resell them. Problem is, there are no guarantees that they will be any good.
The other option is to replace the heater with a new one. You can purchase a new heater for about $450.00 and another $400.00 for installation. I do these retro fits all the time. they take about 4-5 hours.
the last option is to find an ac contractor to try and fabricate them. But by the time you pay for it you could have paid for 2/3 of the new heater.
I hope this answers your question. If so please click the green accept button. If not in still here to assist you.
Thanks again,
Charles
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/4atpk-holly-narrow-wall-furnace-model-350s-d-serial-49149.html#ixzz3s5tBsMlb
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There is no chance you'll find gaskets for an almost 60 year old wall furnace. You're only shot would be to make the gaskets yourself. The best product for the job is a fire proof "blanket" material called Koawool. It's a wool like non-woven "fabric". It's available at any plumbing supply house and comes in various sizes and thicknesses. The 1" wide X 1/4" thick size would probably be best for your purposes. You can split the thickness if you need something thinner