Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a Rheem furnace RGDE-12ERAJS. Won't stay on

Customer Question

I have a Rheem furnace RGDE-12ERAJS. Won't stay on sometimes, bunch of buzzing noises coming out of the main gas regulator...or could be what looks like a sensor that has two wires going to it located in the duct above the heat exchanger. Wondering if I should change the valve. 23 years old
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

If the gas valve is getting 24 volts on a call for heat and still making noises, it is bad and will need replacement.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.