Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an american standard 4ttb3018-060 unit, which I guess

Customer Question

I have an american standard 4ttb3018-060 unit, which I guess is both a furnace and an a/c? The product info left by the previous homeowner is ambivalent: I can't tell if I have a heat pump and/or auxiliary/backup heat. But the furnace won't come on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

I need the brand and model number of the thermostat.

Also please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about you rskill sets in those regards.