Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Scotsman sc60 under cabinet machine. I'm not sure

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Scotsman sc60 under cabinet machine. I'm not sure why u call it but it keeps running and will not shut off. Even when u turn off power. It still makes noise and the motor keeps turning and moving ice into the bin.it is not the sump pump. It's the motor that spins the shaft that makes the ice.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi.. let me see if I can help... that sounds like your auger motor.... it sounds like your control is bad... if you turn the unit off at the control and the machine still makes ice... if your ice level sensor was bad, the unit would stop when you turn it off... the controller is a part number 11-0589-21.

I would suggest having a service company take a look at the machine, depending on its age and how long its been in service it may be a good idea to have them go through it and clean the inner assy's when they change the control. If you are comfortable working on the unit, you can go to parts town and order parts or get manuals..

Thank you for using Just Answer

Phillip