Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Bob. I have a heil gas furnace that I just replaced the

Customer Question

Hi Bob. I have a heil gas furnace that I just replaced the induction motor on. After two days of working, I am getting a lockout code. 6+1. I reset & watched it fail to light again. Any thoughts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

6-1 is a soft lock out . Start the furnace and see if the pilot tries to lite. Make sure draft fan is working correctly. See if igniter is working. Possible bad igniter. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the induction motor Tuesday & the furnace had another soft lock out. I reset & it ignited. It worked fine for two days, now failing to ignite again. How do I check to see if igniter is bad?

They have 2 igniters on there furnaces . Do you have spark or a hot surface igniter. The hot surface igniter glows. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a hot surface igniter. I just watched a video & saw a clean one vs a dirty one. Mine is filthy compared to a new one. I have taken it off & going to find one tomorrow. I'll let you know if that does the trick.

Good work .. Let me know. I am a Tempstar dealer which is the same as Heil. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the igniter today but after seeing the new one, I don't think it was bad as it looked the same. I went ahead & changed anyway. It got the furnace to kick on but went back out after a few minutes. The indicator light was blinking 3 times showing pressure switch. I took the tube off and sucked & heard the switch. Then the furnace kicked back on but quickly shut off. Now it is running for 4 minutes, then shuts off, then restarts. At least there is heat for a few minutes but certainly not fixed correctly

After 4 minutes what is flash code. Russ