HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an American standard freedom vs 90. (Trane). I fire

Customer Question

I have an American standard freedom vs 90. (Trane). I fire it up and it keeps recycling without lighting up the flame. It flashes two red when first starting up and then a steady green. I tried shutting off power to clear circuit board. I replaced the batteries in the thermostat. Why won't the flame fire up?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do you get a flame briefly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok have you tried to clean out the orifices on the burner, they may be plugged up causing the unit not to light. That often happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to take off the cover for the burners?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes take the cover off to get at them. Also you can check if the valve is getting 24 volts when the ignitor is glowing. If so then either you have a gas supply issue, clogged orifices or bad valve.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks