Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Mistral MSS2.6INV reverse cycle air conditioner.

Customer Question

I have a Mistral MSS2.6INV reverse cycle air conditioner. Just a few days ago, the "timer" light started flashing yellow and the air-conditioning no longer works. Both outside and inside units appear to operate like they would normally and I can still control all settings on the remote etc, but the air coming out just isn't cooled in any way. It's currently 39 degrees Celsius here today! I can't find any information whatsoever on this model on the internet. I found some people with similar models who had some luck with resetting the circuit breaker each time they used it(the compressor apparently wouldn't turn on otherwise). But i have no idea what that looks like etc/unsure what I'm supposed to do with it anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a carpenter by trade but electrical knowledge is limited; I'm happy to try anything!
Thanks in advance,
Ian.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well so far I can see this was a waste of money...
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. getting that system repaired on line, by a home owner is a long shot..that is why no one has picked up your question. These are chinese built and often with no documentation, manuals or parts available. I just saw it however.

I will take a look at it for you if you like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've seen plenty of recommendations on the net, just none that suit this model in particular. What do you mean you will take a look at it?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I meant that I would see what I could do for you, at my own risk and without any pay on my end....and that you said any help would be appreciated.

Can you tell me if the breaker you are referring to is at the homes main breaker panel, or are you talking about something on the Mistral unit itself. If it is the main breaker panel, I need to know if it is a 15 amp or a 20 amp breaker.. you can tell by the number on the end of the breaker switch or just under the breaker switch.

If it is a 15 amp breaker, we may have found the problem.