Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Payne 395C stopped heating. I turn the thermostat up,

Customer Question

Payne 395C stopped heating. I turn the thermostat up, furnace ignitor glows, fan running and the furnace doesn't light. I removed and cleaned the flame sensor, and even replaced the Hot surface furnace ignitor and still nothing. Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Check and see what the LED diagnostic code flash says. Just count flashes and let me know. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is an older heater….i don't think it even has an LED code…..and/or where would it be located.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no electrical display panels or code displays anywhere on this heater
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the manuel, but it can be accessed by googling "Bryant 395C". The Manuel says Bryant///Day and Night///Payne, but the emblem on the front says Payne.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After 3 1/2 hours of waiting for a response, I'm going to call a repairman. Your answer is an indication that you didn't even know what my furnace looked like inside. I did NOT get the assistance I asked for and needed, so please don't charge this on my credit card. Thanks for your time.

Sorry about wait. Tremendous storms going thru Mississippi an Alabama. Lost all power and internet. No charge unless satisfied. That is an older heater the LED would be on furnace board if it had one. My site comes up obsolete on manual. Russ

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you still need help and if you have a volt meter for step by step troubleshooting.If not we can request a refund of your deposit as long as you do not rate answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to call a repairman in the meantime. I appreciate your situation, but since I didn't use your help…I would also appreciate a refund. Thank you