Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a model #V42ENH serial #7701106 installed approx 12

Customer Question

I have a model #V42ENH serial #7701106 installed approx 12 years. Worked fine until about 2 years ago. Does not light by switch, I have to unplug from below and plug back in and it will light, the pilot goes on and it lights. Some times it will burn for a couple minutes then go out, other times it will stay lit and I can turn it off with switch on wall.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like a faulty ignition control. You will have to do some troubleshooting with a voltmeter when it's not working to confirm this. Let me know if you want to try this yourself and I'll walk you through it. Otherwise you'll need to call in a pro