Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Furnace stopped creating fire. Whirlpool NUGK100DH01

Customer Question

Furnace stopped creating fire. Whirlpool NUGK100DH01 Sparking igniter doesn't work. Though I should get a voltage reading from that pin on the module. None... so I replaced the module and still nothing. The blowers motors both come on (one shortly after the other) no sparking and no smell of gas. That's about all I have to report.
Thanks, Dave
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just editing typos...
Furnace stopped creating fire. Whirlpool NUGK100DH01 Sparking igniter doesn't work. Thought... I should get a voltage reading from that pin on the module. None... so I replaced the module and still nothing. The blower motors both come on (one shortly after the other) no sparking and no smell of gas. That's about all I have to report.
Thanks, Dave
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip-icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area. The picture needs to be taken from straight-on, in good light.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

We can go from there.