Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heat is turn on and have heat but it just run about 1 min

Customer Question

my heat is turn on and have heat but it just run about 1 min and it of and 5 min later it come on again and keep doing like that
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

What is the full model number of the unit? Are the burners lighting at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ROBC-095QBEA series # ***** M4195 0452
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried cleaning the flame sensor?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

The flame sensor, which is in by the burners, can be cleaned or polished with steel wool or emery cloth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the burner is burning but it just run about 1 min and it click of , 5 min late it on again and keep doing a same like that
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Actually, thanks for that model number. I see this is an oil burner, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not at the burner right now how can we do it should i call you back when i am there or you can tell me now how can we do it
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Actually, I'm going to opt out and open this to some of our oil burner experts. Please do not reply back until a new expert picks this up or this will delay a response.