HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a gas boiler apartment building it is weil mclain and

Customer Question

i have a gas boiler for an apartment building it is weil mclain and I constantly get pilot ignition error messages and I have to reset the Honeywell controller. Should i get the electrodes looked at. the boiler had issues earlier this month and one of the chambers had a quarter size hole in it ... this caused water to come back through the combustion chamber and I think in turn screwed the ignition system. Any thoughts would be appreciated since i have googled more information than the local repair guy knows! :-)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Yes I would get to and clean off the electrodes really good. If they got water on them or corroded at all you will get that message. That is typically a fairly easy repair to do even if you just replace them with new ones. If you can not do it, it will not be too bad to get done for a company to do. Maybe $200-350 depending on what they do or replace.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks