Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a superior DRL3000 fireplace, the igniter won't stop

Customer Question

I have a superior DRL3000 fireplace, the igniter won't stop ticking which causes the pilot to be on, any answers?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The only time the pilot should light/tick is when you turn on the fire. Once the pilot is lit the ticking should stop and the main burner should fire up but if it doesn't then that's usually an indication that the flame sensor in the pilot flame isn't sensing the flame. It could be because the sensor is dirty or faulty or it may have a bad connection.