Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

Looking control tech with experience in Steafa Smart II PC

Customer Question

looking for a control tech with experience in Steafa Smart II PC Tool
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a typo - should be Staefa Smart II not Steafa
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

this covers a lot of territory...so could you tell us exactly what your objective is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point, I am just looking for a copy of PC Tool 4.0 (or older) for Staefa Smart II controllers. It is not available from Staefa as a standard part and has last been upgraded about 1992 I would guess? Anyway, I am trying to interrogate some old Smart II controllers and am looking for that software. Can you help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point, all we are looking for is a download of the old software and maybe a technical manual as a pdf.Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My final goal is to integrate Smart II controllers with a Tridium driver. I have located a retired Smart II trainer who is getting me more information as to the things we don't know. (I just found out it has a 1200 baud trunk!)The big thing I need at this point is the PC Tool software. Thanks.
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see your request for the smart II info. I have recently integrated the smart II controllers with a talon system (which is still a Siemens product but LAN based) with a smart II controller. It has worked flawlessly so far. I can get info to you about the controller next week as I do not have the info on me. I also have a contact that repairs the staefa front ends and all controllers. He may have a copy of the pc tools version you are looking for. Do you think you can use any of this info? And yes, it is all 1200 baud (retro at best!)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason,
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I needed to move a lot faster so I got TTL converters and PC tool 4.0 from Atkinson Electronics in SLC and I found an instructor on Smart II controllers who was retired. I understand that it was next to impossible to find someone in 24 hours but not hearing from someone I needed to move on. If you don't mind, I will keep your name and request you if needed in the future. Thanks again, Matt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I rate you? I don't want to continue so I need to rate less than 3 stars or be charged. I don't want to give you a bad rating. Can we just close this without rating?

No problem I completely understand! Just leave the question open, do not rate because it will charge you. Email customer service and asked not to be charged because you didn't receive an answer promptly and they will refund you. Contact me anytime you have a question about staefa and I'll help you out!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and have a great weekend!