airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have an Intertherm furnace in my mobile home (Model

Customer Question

I have an Intertherm furnace in my mobile home (Model M1MB070A AW, serial # *****) which I had it installed when I move in eight years ago. Since day one it has had this problem intermittently … the heat comes on and sometimes I can hear clicking but the fan never starts up. I turn it off for a while (usually overnight) and in the morning it starts up fine and works for ages … the last time I had this problem was three years ago. Now it has started again … same thing, the heater comes on and runs for ages, but no fan. Finally I switch it off and leave it off and usually it will start working again the next day. It has been doing this for the past few days and now tonight it won’t come on at all and I don’t hear any clicking. I have had several technicians come and look at it and replace parts (limiter switch I think) but the problem has never been identified and fixed. Do you know of anyone in the South Surrey/White Rock, BC area who is familiar enough with this furnace who could come and fix it for once and for all? Thanks.
Lyn D
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Lynn this sounds like an issue with the relay built into the furnace control board.I am a long ways away from you in South Alabama. but suggest we try to locate a Nordyne dealer close by to check this out.Can you give me the postal code where you live?

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Lynn,I actually found tat Hillltop Plumbing and Heating is a Nordyne Dealer and should be familiar with the furnace.Below is a link to their website.

http://www.hilltopplumbing.ca/contact.html

As mentioned the fan is controlled through the little black relays on the board.These relays will stick either open or closed and cause fan to run non stop or not come on when it should.