Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have no pilot light but the fan turns on. Light is

Customer Question

I have no pilot light but the fan turns on. Light is flashing 4 times then pauses. What do I need to check first?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box, Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

If none of this in your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a few well rated service outfits in your area.

We can go from there.