Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Goodman furnace solid red light but furnace or blower will

Customer Question

Goodman furnace solid red light but furnace or blower will not come on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

I assume you mean a GKS not a CKS. Is the draft fan running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's what I meant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a solid red light no blower fan at all from thermostat
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, is the draft fan (the small fan on the front of the unit) running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got 24 volts at the thermostat wired but not sure what else todo
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, is the thermostat set to heat mode? if it is then we'll have to do a little trouble shooting to figure out what's going on. The first thing to try is to connect the leads on R & W on the stat together. Best to turn the power off first then turn the power back on once you have those leads jumped.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok did that and nothing is working
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok next go to the terminal strip on the furnace and jump the R & W terminals. Be sure you put the blower door panel back securely in place. The unit won't run if the panel switch is not engaged (pushed all the way in).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok did that and nothing happened
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, you can use the paper clip-icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box, Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

If none of this in your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a few well rated service outfits in your area.

We can go from there.