Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Mr. Its cold today and no heat. First time to try the unit

Customer Question

Mr. Douglas Its cold today and no heat. First time to try the unit this year, worked for 2 years no problem.
KG7A 072C24B #KGD100204899
red and green status lights on solid.
call for heat from thermostat the blower starts immediately furnace does not light
new thermostat added at time of installation
what say you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

Both lights on solid indicates normal operation so under normal circumstances I'd suspect a bad board if the blower runs but nothing else when you turn up the heat but the new thermostat is a wild card and I wonder if it's wired wrong. Are you sure the leads on R & W on the thermostat are connected to the same leads that are connected to R & W on the furnace. If they're connected to R & G the blower will run and nothing else will happen