Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Control fuse blows when turned to heat

Customer Question

Control fuse blows when turned to heat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If fuse is blowing, we have a dead short.Can you provide me some more details" Model on indoor unit? Has thermostat been recently replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was recently replaced. A couple of months ago it froze up. I shut the unit off to let it thaw out and then it wouldnt come back on in Cool so i left it off. I might not have given it enough time to cycle when i turned it back on. Couple of weeks
ago it got cold enough to turn the heat on and it apparently blew the fuse without my knowledge. Ive been through everything. All the power is good from what i can tell. I rang out and ohm'd out each tstat wire w no issues. When i take the tsat out of the
equation the heat works fine. I bought a another new tstat and same problem. Its an Amana model num aruf48d14aa ser num(###) ###-####tstat is a honeywell 7 day programmable
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK tell me what color wires go to what terminals on thermostat and model on thermostat