Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My grandmother's Emerson 1f83-0422 thermostat can not be

Customer Question

My grandmother's Emerson 1f83-0422 thermostat can not be adjusted above 67 degrees Fahrenheit. Every time we push the temp up button an "L" is displayed in the top left corner of the display. The user manual is confusing and of no help. What do we do to fix this so we can adjust the temperature the way we want it to be?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

The key pad is * locked out

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/cd/cd2a372b-85d9-4b36-8eb3-ebc241024547.pdf

Look that over in order to get familiar with your thermostat, it will also be a good idea to print it out, if you have any trouble unlocking the thermostat, post back and I will coach you on it.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost.