Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Dunkirk boiler I had to reset it (this happens

Customer Question

I have a Dunkirk boiler I had to reset it (this happens often) the plumber was just in and checked it and said everything was fine. Now it is flashing "b-26." I have looked everywhere in the manual. No answer. What does this mean. BTW I hate this thing. I bought the house six months ago and it came with it. I have had service calls 6 times for hot water and heat. What an overcomplicated nightmare.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

I need the model number of the boiler, and [lease attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip-icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

A few photo's of the boiler room and piping all taken from about 10 feet away will be helpful also.

Tell me please what kind of radiators you have, of under floor heating etc. and also what the technicians are finding wrong.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

If none of this in your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a few well rated service outfits in your area.