Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Dunkirk Steam Boiler, the situation is this; when I

Customer Question

I have a Dunkirk Steam Boiler, the situation is this; when I install the jumper pin for the auto water feed the feed works perfect, but the boiler does not shut off at temp. it simply keeps making steam. When I take the jumper pin out, the water does not auto feed, thusly, making me manually feed it quite often. What pray tell may I be doing wrong, or hopefully an easy trouble shoot ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The feeder shouldn't have any impact on when the boiler cycles on temp. There are 2 things that control burner firing, the thermostat (burner shuts down when thermostat is satisfied) and the pressuretrol (burner shuts down when limit pressure is reached). The feeder is controlled by the low water cut off (LWCO). The LWCO can shut the burner down if the water level in the boiler gets too low at which point the feeder should kick in and add water. I assume the LWCO is the factory installed and wired model. Can you provide the brand and model of the feeder. Is this a new boiler?