Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a lennox furnace model #ml193uh and it doesn't turn

Customer Question

i have a lennox furnace model #ml193uh and it doesn't turn on. It give me a blinking slow blinking green light after 2 min. I had something logged in the inlet, got it out, tried unclogging the condensation line but it still doesn't fire up. the blower will work if I turn the thermostat to on instead of auto but the air is cold
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if induce draft motor comes on. it is the small motor. If it does not feel the motor to see if it is hot. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I identify this motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the motor, it does not turn on but it is hot

Ok you have bad induce draft motor, The cheapest and easiest thing to do is replace induce draft assembly. You will get new motor,blower wheel and housing. The blower wheels are almost impossible to get off because of corrosion. I will try to find source for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** probably why I was hearing a loud clanking sound when the furnace was running the day before

Yes the wheel is most likely very corroded. Just google model number of furnace and add induce draft assembly. Several sites will come up. Russ