Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Scotsman CO330MA. The water pump will run few

Customer Question

I have a Scotsman CO330MA. The water pump will run for a few minutes then shuts off. I replaced the pump thinking it was bad but the same thing happens with the new pump. Any ideas to what the issue might be?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi... let me see if I can help... the pump is never bad if it runs.... the impeller may be damaged and not pump.. but if the motor runs.... that is good... please tell me what indications you have on the control during this failure.. when you turn on the machine.. and the pump initially runs... do you hear water coming in?...

we may have water issues.. this unit uses whats called a "purge" .. it uses more water than necessary to make ice to prevent hard water buildup... it also can sense the hardness of the water and will take longer to make ice depending..

let me know what the lights indicate so I can help further...

Phillip