airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

How are you? i have a fuse that keeps blowing out when my

Customer Question

Hi how are you? i have a fuse that keeps blowing out when my renter turns the heat on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

You have a dead short somewhere in the control circuit if a fuse is blowing.Shorts can be troublesome to locate and may require popping a few fuses until you find it.Look first for any cuts, nicks or chew marks on control wires between units and thermostat.If all look fine, you will have to start removing components in the control circuit until we identify which is causing the fuses to blow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you say removing components what does that mean? i am at work and trying to have my renter diagnos and find the fix and am on the phone with him this is not going to work is it? i should just call somebody, correct?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Unless you can be on site for me to guide you, it is going to be easiest to call in a tech. Like I said, first look to see if a mouse or squirrel may have chewed a wire. If not We would start with taking the thermostat out of the circuit.Then the outdoor unit if you have ac,Then the gas valve, etc until we find which component stops the fuse from popping.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

In otherwords, disconnecting each component one at a time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh my i will not be able to do all that