Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Got up this am wall thermostat was flashing took the cover

Customer Question

got up this am wall thermostat was flashing took the cover off one of the AA batteries was leaking cleaned out where batteries sit put in new batteries now it has a blank screen, do I need a need thermostate
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

probably not .....it is probably not making good contact .......turn off the breaker to your burner and make sure it is cleaned out good using a Q-Tip and baking soda. Then use a nail file or a very fine emery cloth and go over the contacts where it meets the battery ....... and also make sure that those LOW voltage wires that go to your burner didn't snap while you were cleaning, because they are thin and fragile...........turn the breaker back on .......I hope this helps

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

after you clean with the baking soda use a damp paper towel to rinse........and after you file blow it out with a Dust-Off...........you can also try a pencil erase...........good luck