HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I just got home and my house is 88 degrees----I cannot seem

Customer Question

I just got home and my house is 88 degrees----I cannot seem to stop the heat even when I turn it to "stop" or "cool"
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok can you get at the wires to the unit? If so remove the White wire on the W terminal to the thermostat it should stop heating, if so you may have a bad thermostat as it would be stuck. You can try to reset the thermostat, but normally when that happens you just need a new thermostat.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the cover of the Honeywell thermostat & it seems to have shout off the HVAC system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant "shut" off the system....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes I an still here, is it off.