Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I HAVE A Breckwell stove p23fs that needs a thermodisk proof

Customer Question

I HAVE A Breckwell stove p23fs that needs a thermodisk proof of fire component. I cannot locate where this is supposed to be replaced.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

The thermodisc can be seen on page 21 of this manual. Let me know if that link does not open for you.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

It looks like this:

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for the location of the proof of fire thermodisk, not the high termperature.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, that is also on that drawing, on the side of the combustion blower. (Part # *****).

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Looks like this:

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Figure 28B

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

If you are having trouble with that link or opening the manual, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the rub, Tim. I have no wiring or place to attach the proof of fire disk on my particular stove (on the side of the combustion blower). I have the replacement part but cannot locate where to place it. I can't open the manual either.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Follow the wiring to the side of the combustion blower. To view manual, copy and paste this link into your browser and go to page 21:

http://www.pelletking.com/pellet-stove-manuals/Breckwell-P23-Pellet-Stove-Manual.pdf

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

In the diagram, the POF disk is shown with two wires going to it from the molex connector, both brown.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
followed brown wires from control panel to blower, I even removed blower from housing...no evidence of a proof of fire thermo disk
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Where did the brown wires go?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I responded last night...the brown wires go directly from the control panel to a screw on the exhaust fan...no proof of fire thermodisk to be found.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

The two brown wires from the molex connector are just tied together?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

If you would, I'd like to get a visual on this. If you could upload some pictures of the two wires you are seeing and also the blower assembly, this would be very helpful. From what you describe it almost sounds like someone took out he POF disk and just tied the two wires together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo that my daughter took of the Breckwell. When I get a chance, I can send more
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Didn't get that, sorry

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

I got the one picture, but would like several of different angles and positions on the blower assembly. Thanks!