Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Viessman Vito Dens 200 boiler, that handles both

Customer Question

Good morning - I have a Viessman Vito Dens 200 boiler, that handles both the radiant floor heat, and the domestic Hot Water heat - last night the Domestic Hot Water heat stopped working - leaving us with no Hot Water. I pressed the "party" button to try and restore the Hot Water, but the boiler itself still did not fire up. The display readout indicated the DHW tank temperature was 66 degrees F, but the display also showed the DHW to be pre-set for 140 degrees. Could you please help me to know what to try next? Thank you!! My Name is***** cell #(###) ###-####Your help is appreciated!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jon,

The problem is with the boiler itself in virtually all cases, the vito cell is merely a heat exchanger.

http://www.viessmann-us.com/content/dam/internet-ca/pdfs/tanks/vitocell-v_300_tdm.pdf

It is most likely an electronics failure issue in the boiler, 99% of the time nothing a home owner can rectify themselves, but we can take a look at it if you can get me the model number of the boiler itself.

This is quite likely to beyond any normal persons repair capability, it is very rarely a simple reset issue, once I get the model number we can look those options over.

The company charges extra for phone calls, it will be best to wait on that unless you want to spend the $20, in that case I am submitting that offer.