Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a combo furnace/ac. AC blows cold air but furnace

Customer Question

I have a combo furnace/ac. AC blows cold air but furnace blows no air. FAn On blows air. I can hear it click on but nothing comes out of the vents when I turn the heat on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Is this a package unit? Do you have make and model number? If the blower works on fan ON and AC, but not heat, most likely it has a bad control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a package unit. It's under my house. Let me see if I can get the paperwork.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Tim. I couldn't find the model number but it is a Bryant and is about 13 years old. It has a yellow glowing internal light I can see in a little hole but I know it doesn't have a pilot light.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, that doesn't help a lot in terms of pulling up more information on this unit. Do the burners light in heating mode, just no blower?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not 100% sure if they do light but I can hear something click on and run when I turn on the thermostat. It's dark and I don't have a light in my crawl space. May have to investigate more tomorrow.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, need to know if burners light for one thing. Secondly, somewhere inside the unit should be a tag that has identifying information, make model, serial number. This will help should I need a wiring diagram. Finally, if you want to troubleshoot with my help, you should have access to a voltmeter. These are very inexpensive if you don't have one. Usually under $25.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get that information?