Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Have 4 yr old lennox furnace--blower not coming on when

Customer Question

have 4 yr old lennox furnace--blower not coming on when burner is on--then high temp. limits shutting down flame--bypassed control box---blower motor is o.k.--called local lennox dealer and left message but he is not returning my call--need help.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

If the blower runs with power applied directly to it, more than likely it is the board. This can be verified by checking voltage to the blower motor on a call for heat. Get a voltmeter, set to "volts AC" and check from the HEAT terminal to the white blower neutral at the board. If no voltage after burners come on, replace the board.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you need additional help/ have more questions? Otherwise, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.