Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Lennox 15 ton does not light on 1st heater.

Customer Question

lennox 15 ton does not light on 1st heater.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

I need photo's taken from about 5 feet away that show the burners in question, and a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box.

If there is no paper clip_ icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have 24 volts to the valve. igniter strike and flame on 2.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I am here from 6 am to 10 pm 7 days a week, but I do come and go to eat, do research on questions, pull manuals, and type responses.

Those are great photo's. thanks, ***** ***** diagram however is cut off on the top and right side, if you take another photo that includes those areas that will help a lot.

Can you tell me which of the 5 burners shown lights, and which do not..numbered left to right,

1,2,3,4 and 5

Tell me what happens if you use a big piece of cardboard to fan the burners that light, as soon as they light... does it result in the other burners lighting?

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this unit has 2 separate chambers 6 burners each, 0 burners on 1 are lighting. gas flow is confirmed by second one lighting.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

http://screencast.com/t/Tl34FNz85Qm

Let me know if that makes any sense to you, we can go from there.