Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a honeywell emm3 zone control and zone 3 is not

Customer Question

i have a honeywell emm3 zone control and zone 3 is not working.When the zone system was first installed, it was with a single stage furnace. It has since been replaced with a multistage rheem model rgfd12ekcms
I'm guessing i need a different control panel, one that is compatable with the more efficient furnace. Am i guessing correctly??
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it is likely that you are correct, the efficient furnaces need W1 and W2 terminals on zone controller, that is first and second stage heating... if your zone controller only has W or W1 on the terminal strip that has wires running to the furnace, it may have been wired to run on stage 2 heat all of them, when only stage 1 heat was required.

That should not fry the zone controller though... nor cause any damage to the furnace.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. Feel free to follow up for30 days at no additional cost.