airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I purchased a home last year with a Jotul Direct Vent Gas

Customer Question

Hello, I purchased a home last year with a Jotul Direct Vent Gas Fireplace insert GI 450 DVll TSl, as listed on installation and operation manual, we went away for the winter and now we are trying to get the unit operational without success. The unit worked beautifully last fall with a hand held transmitter. The unit is only 3 or 4 years old and has had great care. Any idea why I cant get it to work? Thanks any help is appreciated. Dennis
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Will he fireplace work manually, just not with remote or will it not work at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it going on my own, u owe me one. Thanks
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.Let me know or you can leave your deposit on hold.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not looking for a refund or not thinking of leaving a negative response, I was able to troubleshoot on my own while awaiting your reply and was lucky enough to get it working.
I have used these type of services in the past and I know its a risk once you push the paid button, so its on me. And to answer your question the Jotul did not work with a clicker/thermostat or manually, the problem was bad wiring in the basement. Dennis Keeler
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Excellent , Thanks Dennis, Please let me now if I can help further.