Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Have Plus 90 T installed in 2007. CODE 14. Replaced the

Customer Question

Have Bryant Plus 90 T installed in 2007. CODE 14. Replaced the Flame Sensor and today a week later same lockout code. Ignitor good. What could it be
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

The 14 code means "ignition lockout". This can be caused by a number of things: dirty flame sensor, burners not lighting (due to a bad ignitor), burners lighting, but not smoothly and quickly all the way across. poor ground from burner area to board, and finally a bad board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had PSE Gas company install a new GAS service and valve and check the gas volume at the furnace - all ok. 1" pipe.
I have cleaned the Flame senor and it failed after a week. Same code 14. So I replaced the Flame Senor to a new one. Now after 1 week. Same Lockout. Tested the Igniter with OHM Meter - Good Have replacement Igniter just in case. Should I 1. Replace the Igniter anyway? 2. Order a new Board? - The lockout only happens in the AM between 6-9. about once per week. Have to turn power off to the unit and restart then it usually starts. Any suggestions on looking at the ground and what to do about burners not smoothly and quickly all the way across. Thanks
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

If burners are not lighting smoothly all the way across, this can be caused by dirty burners, misaligned crossovers (the slots in burners that spread flame from one burner to the next). A weak ignitor can cause delayed ignition, so you may want to try the new ignitor. Make sure the flame sensor wire is good. You can have a new flame sensor, but if the wire that attaches it to the board is bad, the new flame sensor will do no good. A ground wire can be added from a GND terminal on the board to the burner area sometimes depending on whether burner area is enclosed. Finally, sometimes everything can be OK, but board is bad thereby not sensing the flame. I would try everything else first before replacing board.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

I have to step away for a few minutes, but will address further questions when I get back.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.