Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Can you recommend a Munchkin Technician in Essex county, New

Customer Question

Can you recommend a Munchkin Technician in Essex county, New Jersey
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

My maps are by *city name... if you can give me the name of the nearest town or city I can see who is in the area.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

According to the heading on the manufacturers web site, the Munchkin boiler has been discontinued and is no longer being manufactured.... this is a fairly new development. I had been able to find dealers as recently as a year ago.

http://www.htproducts.com/munchkin-dis.html

it is a good web site to save however since they have the service manuals there.

It will not be a good idea to spend any money fixing the boiler if it is over 5 years old... I found no dealers close to Bloomfield... their service charges would have been in the $300 to $600 range. That money would be better spent on a new boiler.

I like the lowest efficiency boiler that I can find, some of those have lasted 50 years and longer with minimal or no repairs needed... the high efficiency boilers seem to have a life span in the 10 year range, with expensive repairs most often required in that time span.

Let me know your thoughts on that, and I can recommend some options for you, I will need to know the BTU ratings stamped on the Munchkin name plate, and the approximated size and construction of your home.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a munchkin certified tech around here, he'll be here shortly.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Good work!