Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Just moved into new home, no manual. Now that its really

Customer Question

just moved into new home, no manual for thermostat. Now that its really cold out I cant get heat to work. It seems that its set to come on by previous owners schedule. I put the switch to ON and its cool air blowing.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Without a model number, I won't necessarily be able to help you find a manual, but try this: use the up and down arrow buttons to set a temperature, then immediately hit the "hold" button. This should hold that temperature indefinitely. Of course if you can get me a make and model I can help you locate a manual.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thanks
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Great! Did we get your issue resolved?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need further help to resolve this. I always strive to help my customers get their problem resolved. Otherwise, if the answer is satisfactory, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.