Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a carrier gas furnace. THe heat is not coming on and

Customer Question

I have a carrier gas furnace. THe heat is not coming on and I see a continuously flashing ***** *****ght when I open up the panel
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace?It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find labelwith model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

If furnace is not coming on, there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed.If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.

Also let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.WE will go from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
58STA070---15112. I have a multi meter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Light is rapidly flashing continuously
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK the rapid flash indicates polarity is reversed. Can you check to make sure the black wire going to L1 shows 120v to ground and white going to Neutral shows 0v to ground.