Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Nordyne furnace, with a Honeywell ST9103A1002 - and

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Nordyne furnace, with a Honeywell ST9103A1002 - and Becket burner with no power getting to the furnace.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

This should be the manual for your fan control

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related/Honeywell%20ST9103%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

Do these test

http://screencast.com/t/LJyLOCE155

We can go from there, if I miss you tonight I will pick your response up in the morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil,Thanks for sending the manual over. Although I already had a version of that, my question was more about direction as to which would be the solution to my issue.
My apologies if I wasn't clear with my original question.Would the fan timer circuit board prevent the cntrl AC from turning on, or would that be the Becket (R7184B 1032)?thanks,
Scott
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, it would be the fan timer circuit board that runs the fan when 24v power is sent to Y from R when there is a call for cooling... the Y wire and the C wire should be run to the AC unit outside in that case.

If you can send me a photo of the terminal strip on fan control board that shows a wire from Y and one from C going outside unit, I can confirm that for you... use the paper clip icon at right end of the tool bar above for that.

If I miss you tonight I will pick your response up first thing in the morning.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. Feel free to follow up for30 days at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Again,sorry to be a pain, but would the fan timer cut off power to the unit? The Becket has an led that usually is green or red depending on it's mood, and right now there is no light.
I'm going to crack that open to see if I can find that fuse inside there.
I'll try to snap some pics too.Scott
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, the fan timer would not cut power to the AC unit but could prevent the fan from running in AC mode.

The beckett oil burner has nothing to do with the AC function.

Pictures will be good, however nothing in the oil burner will affect AC function.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil,This is my last message for the night. I attached a picture of the terminals for G, W, R, Y, C. no jumpers.
I'm also noticing that the board is model # ***** I'm not sure how big of a difference the 1051 is from the 1002 is?If this circuit board is the reason for no power to the furnace, I'll order it right away...it's getting cold.thanks for your guidance and patience tonight.Scott
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, you need to do these tests, without the tests you and I will have no idea what is going on.

http://screencast.com/t/LJyLOCE155

The circuit board controls power to the oil burner,,, but a high temperature safety cut out switch and the thermostat controls power to the circuit board, we need to test all that, the link above shows you how to do those tests 1 thru 6 in that sequence.

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

again, click here for the test instructions >>> http://screencast.com/t/LJyLOCE155

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

http://screencast.com/t/D7zxDvjEWX

That is my mark up of your superb terminal strip photo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you nailed it! Your comments on the pic help in a big way!!I don't have a multimeter, but I have one of those light testers. No light went on when I touched any two contacts in your diagram you sent last night.Based on this would you say the board is bad?You're great!!!I'll wait to hear from you then I'll order the board...
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, thanks for the compliments, the light testers are not good enough, most do not read 24volts at all, and none read between two terminals,,,, for $30 you can get a decent one that is also save on higher voltages... or for $15 you can get a real cheap one that is not safe on higher voltages.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. that is how I earn a living and it does not affect your charges. Feel free to follow up for30 days at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll pick one up on my way home.
I'll reach out later with results
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil,I rested all the points you laid out for me and have no power anywhere.
I'm thinking I should call a dude.I pulled the cover off the emergency switch to test power at the line, but nothing... But I don't know what I'm talking about.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, the college training in this business is 2 years full time, then 4 years working under the supervision of a journeyman... even then its a bit thin...it takes 20 years to good at this sort of thing.

Oil furnace men can be hard to find however, if you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city I can see who is in the area with good ratings.