Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have installed an Aprilaire 600A humidifier in my furnace.

Customer Question

I have installed an Aprilaire 600A humidifier in my furnace. Everything looks correct, I have 24 volts at the humidistat, but the solenoid to turn the water on doesn't activate in test mode. I have jumpered the solenoid with 24v to verify that it works and it does. But I can't figure out why it won't activate in test mode. Any ideas? Thanks Bob
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Can you send me a picture or tell me how you have it wired?