Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a trane furnace model BLD108F948B2. My problem is the

Customer Question

i have a trane furnace model BLD108F948B2. My problem is the blower motor will not start. The furnace may have over heated as several registers were shut closed. Is there any reset options for the blower motor or limit switch?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. if you go to the furnace look in the lower blower door for a peep hole inside there may be an led that is flashing a code. Count the number of blinks and get back with me. Usually turning the power off and turning it back on will reset the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no blinks on this model BLD108F948B2.
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

is this a furnace I cannot find any info with that model number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a furnace, 108000btu gas I'm thinking the run capacitor is bad.
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

is it a hanging heater or a regular furnace? the blower motor is not coming on at all? Are the burners igniting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a regular furnace, the blower motor does not come on nor do the burners ignite.
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

if you take the lower blower door off locate the thermostat terminal connections and jump the R and G terminals with an unbent paper clip bent in a " U " shape. You will need to hold the door switch in while jumping it using a piece of tape to hold it down will work easier then trying to do both.

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

the blower should come on with it jumped out