Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Jj, I am house sitting parents. They have a Fraser-Johnston

Customer Question

Hi jj, I am house sitting for my parents. They have a Fraser-Johnston furnace that is giving a red light 7 flash error code. I can't find the error code listings anywhere on the furnace or online.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been almost 30minutes. It is 1am where I am and I have to work tomorrow. I thought that I was talking directly to a person, but it appears I was being prompted by a bot....bad business justanswers... I am falling asleep at the keyboard in a very cold house. I would appreciate a prompt reply.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just got in this morning, that is probably true for most of the other HVAC experts. Sorry about the delay. This advice is likely not going to be what you need or want to hear.

But here we go anyway. Frazer Johnson is an expired brand, from the 70's, maybe 80's... they had no printed circuit codes or very many easy reset buttons then. It is old enough to have had any number of mechanical failures.

Tell me a lot about your skills sets, I might be able to coach you into a repair.

If that sort of thing is not in your bag of tricks, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will locate a couple of well rated furnace service companies in your area.

Meantime you can go to a big box type store and buy a couple of portable electric heaters, and maybe a couple of mattress warmers to get you through unit a service person can arrive.

Let me know, we can go from there