Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I just installed a rheem g75un and when I plug it in and

Customer Question

I just installed a rheem g75un and when I plug it in and turn it on, all the lights flash and the unit wont start up
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

How long is the new gas line to the heater? Is it propane or natural gas.

How long has the manual gas cock been open?

Tell me which color wires run from the thermostat to the printed circuit board inside the furnace and what terminals each wire lands on.

I need the brand and model number of the thermostat.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a water heater, not a FAU. Gas line is less than a foot, replaced heater in same location. Just opened the gas and nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water heater is supposed to have a sealed pilot - lights itself. The control panel just flashes all the lights.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Nothing other than a factory defect would cause that in my view, but I do not have the manual in my files to confirm that. This is not an answer, I will opt out so that other of our experts here might have the manual or can confirm... good luck with it.

Expert:  Kevin Hogue replied 1 year ago.

It is fgoing into lockout due to failing to light after a specific number of times

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not even trying to light.. As soon as you turn it on, the lights flash. Turn it off, wait, turn it back on... same thing. Not even an effort to light. Manual says it could be a faulty gas valve, but it's brand new.