Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

I have a 3200 Sq ft 2 story home, 2 ac units. Tempos are

Customer Question

I have a 3200 Sq ft 2 story home, 2 ac units. Tempos are still hitting 90 most days. I have programmable thermostats on both units. Recently, maybe 2 weeks ago, my kids started commissioning about being hot upstairs after school. I went up it was HOT! Programed to 78, but registering 84! I decreased the programed temp to 75 for all time periods to see what that did. Next day, temp in astron was 82. Decreased it to 74, next day, same thing 82. In the morning, it dropseems to 75ish, but at some point during the day it increases significantly. Any ideas of what I need to look for our be aware of when I call an ac person? I dint want to get ripped off..... these are things my ex husband knew how to take care of, I'm clueless
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this, first before you call any company do a little research to make sure they are licensed and insured for they work to be done and if you can get reviews on the company that would be the best too. if a tech comes out make sure he is licensed or certified to be working on an ac system and make sure he checks the entire system not just the outdoor unit. also watching them the whole time is not a bad idea. if he tells you there is a bad part that needs to be replaced have him so you it and prove that it is bad. if you need any more help just reply back here.

did you have any more questions about this? if not i woul appreciate it if you could rate me on my service here by selecting one of the 5 stars or smiley faces. thank you