Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We are having a problem with our furnace. The pilot light is

Customer Question

We are having a problem with our furnace. The pilot light is on. I hear a buzzing sound at the furnace, so I know something is running. However, it is not kicking on, no matter what temperature the thermostat is set at.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We recently installed a Nest thermostat. (Last week) During the install, the transformer was blown and we had to replace it. The furnace was working fine yesterday after the replacement, but is not working today.
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. If you put the fan switch in the on position does the main blower come on? the buzzing sound you hear is probably the transformer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're not finding a fan switch.Last night, the breaker was turned off and back on again, and the furnace came on. However, at some point in the night, it stopped running again. We flipped the breaker again this morning, but it hasn't kicked on yet.
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

If you look in the lower blower door of the furnace there may be an led light that is blinking. count the number of blinks if there is and get back to me with the number.

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

there may be a peep hole that you can look through to see the led light.