Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lennox Conservator G16 I've been having problems

Customer Question

I have a Lennox Conservator G16
I've been having problems with the Burners lighting up from the pilot, and more recently have discovered the blower fan will not turn off. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

That combination of symptoms point to a bad printed circuit card, lets do a heat stress test on it and see what we discover.. its not a perfect test but if any changes occur the card is indeed bad.

Use a hair drier to slowly and gently warm the card to 120F(warm to the touch but not hot and not over140F)... if you get any change in behavior that means the card is bad...

A micro crack has opened in the printed circuit at a solder joint, or inside its CPU in that case .... or a short circuit has developed as the card expanded when you heated it.

Constant expansion and contraction as these electronics heat and during their duty cycles over the years is what wears these cards out.

It is also a good idea to replug all of the connections in the unit,that burnishes any oxidized terminal connections and will sometimes solve the problem, especially at the printed circuit card and in any sensor molex connectors. Do that with the power off to the unit of course.

We can go from there.