Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a heil midel h9mpx060f12a furnace. The power vent

Customer Question

I have a heil midel h9mpx060f12a furnace. The power vent comes on, the igniter fires, and the burner comes on for about 10 seconds then shut down. After 3 or 4 tries it completely shuts down. Thoughts?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

This sounds like a flame rectification (sensing) issue. The first thing to try is to clean the flame sensor (see attached pic for typical). You can clean off the small diameter metal rod with steel wool or an aggressive Scotch Brite pad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned sensor. Still have problem.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Then you may need to replace the sensor. Also check the sensor connections. The sensor generates a very small current (micro amps) so the connections need to be solid. If you have a multi-meter that can read micro (not mili) amps you can check the output from the sensor while the burner flame is present. I should also mention that the sensor rod should be engulfed by the burner flame.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to order the flame sensor. Will let you know on Monday. thx
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok