Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a old heater that has a thick copper or brass tank in

Customer Question

I have a old heater that has a thick copper or brass tank in it that you can pump up. It has a pressure guage on it & a pump handle on the end to hand pump air into the tank topressure it up. It doesn't have any name stamp or date but on the other parts that are probably cast iron it does have some numbers on them. Do you know hat this type of heater is called? I have pictures if you want to send me your email address.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, that would be a late 1800's early 1900's kerosene stove.

I have no idea what brand it is, however the brand name is ***** ***** into one of the top pieces.

Thanks for letting me work with you. When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. Feel free to follow up for30 days at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you calling it a stove just as a general word or did the pictures not come thru? How much would something like this sell for?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again I used a general term... on second look it does not have a flat top as a stove would. That curved top however might be just a support for a flat stove top...

You will need to have it appraised to ascertain a value on it...you can post the question to our antique appraisal category here. I will attempt to forward it for you.

Good luck with it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying to forward this for me. Yea, the top is curved & the metal for the whole thing is sheet metal & kinda thin so it would not be able to support a stove top. It looks like it would be just a small corner heater. So you are able to see the pictures I sent?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, your question might take until tomorrow before it gets forwarded to our appraisal dept.

I used the stove term because it looked like a stove, and some heaters see double duty to keep a pot warm. I am a mechanical engineer not any sort of antiques specialist,

Be patient you should hear from an appraiser soon enough,'

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ,so now I rate you on the questions that you couldn't answer, but you have sent me to someone else on this site to try to get the correct answers I have been looking for? This is my first time on this site, so kinda explain please. Thanks.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I am not asking you for a rating...since I have not given you an answer.

Your question posted to Heating and Air conditioning... and your question was concerning the heavy fuel tank... that is my expertise area.

Then you changed the question to an appraisal... so that I forwarded your question, (on the same ticket and the same deposit) to our appraisal experts...

I do not get paid for my efforts in this case, and am not asking to be rated... my goal is to get you to the right people that handle the appraisal.

Just so you know, my position here is identical to yours, we are both customers of the web site, the only difference is that I answer questions and you ask them.

I work here on my own time and at my own expense. I am not paid unless I give you an answer that you can choose to accept or not accept even if it is the answer you want.

So far I have spent about an hour working on your question, and will not be paid, and do not want to be paid, because I have not given you an answer... especially since you changed it to an appraisal question.

That is how the site works. Its complex I know, let me know if I managed to clear up any confusions you might have had.

I will try forwarding your question to the appraisal people, let me know how that goes.

sometimes a notice will come up asking for a rating, I do not put that notice up in many cases, the web site servers do that occasionally. My own personal notice states that I would like to be rated when (and only when) you get the answer you need from me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't change my question to an appraisal, I was trying to get more info from my starting question. When I was filling out the original form it seemed that once I started talking with someone that I would be able to keep talking to them to find out all about it. I appreciate you forwarding my question to someone who might know something about this.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.