Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Control wiring question .Heat pump ,gas furnace and

Customer Question

control wiring question .Heat pump ,gas furnace and honeywell envirazone wiring question.I have a field wiring diagram that I can email.Also heat pump isn't energizing, need to inquire about what terminal to test if it is getting 24 volts to energize contactor etc.The zoned system has been working for years,but it doesn't switch to gas emergency heat when the heat pump malfunctions.The instructions weren't clear to me as to how to wire that.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent my wiring diagram to just answer.It will be under my email address.You can see how I have wired my system.I think I have to wire from w1E and w3aux to the terminal board on my furnace ,but I don't know witch one. ? ( R ) ?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this appears to be more of a complication than any our HVAC experts can afford to get into for you offered amount.

This could easily take hours...its not a simple 'just an answer'...

If you want to attach the wiring diagrams here using the paper clip icon on the right end of the tool bar above, or the '+attach files' link to the left of the send button. I can take a look at for you, give you an idea of whats going on and maybe a solution.

if not a solution then at least a reference to a local outfit that can handle this for you (their harge will be in the $400 to 600 range as a guess). or I can submit an additional service in the $150 to $200 range to help you sort it out yourself.. that will take is a day or so most likely depending on what you have.

Let me know, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Take a look at this. I should be able to wire from the eviro board to the furnace terminal board for emergency ,aux heat and run the gas furnace?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** too bad at all, it follows the usual patterns, I need to see a photo of the wiring diagram for the heat pump however to make sense of that end of it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phil ,I hope these help.The fossil fuel is wired in but not shown in the diagram.I just need the help with making the aux heat part of the honeywell system to work at this time.Thanks Rick
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

http://screencast.com/t/AkFXWdd4

If you do not get voltage from R to C at the heat pump, check R to C at the zone controller, if you have 24v there then then either the red or C wire is broken, your C wire has two wire nuts on it, it could be a bad wire nut connection.

IF you do not have 24v between R and C at the zone controller, then there is a problem with the zone controller.

We can go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check and reestablish contact tomorrow.if need be
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

OK